Thursday, December 11, 2008

Fed up with racism against white males

In my last two postings I lambasted a Toronto Sun editor for trashing white males. Now I see that a senior editor of the The Toronto Star has joined the chorus. Apparently, there is a problem with white males picking the leader of the Liberal Party of Canada. There is no explanation of why this is a problem. The writer simply assumes that we all understand it. In short, the mindset of these senior, mainstream and influential journalists is that white males cannot make appropriate political decisions and that their readers buy into that. I wonder what they would have to say if I wrote that it was inappropriate that the leader was picked by, say, black males or by Jews? You could bet there would be outrage. But it is always open season on white males.

No comments: